How to Apply
How to Apply
Below is a guide to the information required when filling out Online Application Forms for both Stage 1 and Stage 2.
The dates for 2018 funding are:
Stage 1: February 14th – February 28th
Stage 2: March 28th – April 11th
Stage 1: August 1st - August 15th
Stage 2: September 5th - September 19th
Links to the online forms will only appear during application rounds.
Stage 1 is a very short Expression of Interest (EOI) which requires only some basic details about your organisation, as well as a very short summary of the project you are proposing - including:
- Organisation: inc. name, type of organisation, short summary of activities, Registered Charity Number (if applicable), annual income
- Contact details: inc. telephone, email, address, web & social media
- Project details: inc. location, total project cost, total grant request, cost types, chief themes, short EOI (500 characters inc. spaces)
Successful applicants will receive an email with more details on how to complete Stage 2. Unsuccessful applicants are welcome to apply for a different project in subsequent rounds. Please note that these decisions are final.
The second stage requires applicants to provide more detail on both their organisation and the project, including:
- More details on the origins, structure, core aims and activities of your organisation
- A full project description, outlining the it's need and chief activities
- Projected short-term outcomes and long-term impacts of the project
- Estimated numbers of beneficiaries
- A full breakdown of the total project costs, proposed spend of our grant and other funding towards the project
- Supporting documents: including your organisation's constitution, article or memorandum of understanding - as well as annual accounts and quotes for single items costing over £1,000
We will aim to let all applicants know the outcome of their application within 8-12 weeks. Please note that owing to the volume of applications, and because all decisions are approved at a Trustee meeting, we cannot do so any sooner.
Following this, applicants must then return a funding agreement and their organisation's bank statement before payment will be made.
Upon completion of projects, all grant-holders must then complete an evaluation form - more details of which will be sent over the course of the following year.